Protection from defamation and insult

  • Find it in the Law:
    Competent court
  • Who is responsible:
    Competent court
  • Who can help me:
Tags: , ,

Has someone come out publicly stating something about you that is untrue or insulting, and you feel injured or humiliated? You should know that the Law Against Defamation and Insult gives you the right to demand to stop the defamation and insult, to have the person refute his claims, or seek compensation for moral and material damage in court. Both the person who made the statements and the medium where the statements were made may be held responsible. There are some exceptions as to when someone can be held responsible – especially, during legislative or judicial proceedings.

A request for compensation due to defamation or insult can be filed within three months from the day when the affected person found about the statement.


Related Entries

Powered By

Supported By