Support in finding a job

  • Find it in the Law:
    Law no. 05/l – 077 on Registration and Providing of the Services for Unemployed, Jobseekers and Employers
  • Who is responsible:
    You and your Municipal or Regional Employment Office
  • Who can help me:
    Regional Employment Offices, Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare
Tags: , , , ,

If you are of working age and can’t find a job, you have the right to register as an unemployed job-seeker in the municipality where you reside. Then the state can support you in finding one. Municipal Employment Offices, which are part of Regional Employment Offices, are by law obliged to register you in their database and provide various forms of assistance free of charge. These offices can offer professional employment counseling and career guidance, information on available job opportunities, or issue a confirmation on your unemployment status in case you want to apply for social assistance. Together with the staff from these employment offices, you can develop an individual plan for employment and take part in active labour market measures such as internship schemes, on-the-job trainings or short term employment subventions that could lead to the long term employment.

Responsibility to seek an employment and to register at the municipal EO is ultimately yours whereas the last one is legally obliged to support you in your challenges. All you need to do is bring a valid ID as well as evidence of your educational qualifications and trainings completed, and you can receive an unemployment card. You will receive support as long as you also live up to certain obligations: namely, you ought to certify an individual employment plan that is developed jointly with the EO; to contact available employers who might be interested in you and not reject available jobs; to confirm participation on trainings or active employment measures that are provided by the Employment Office. You should contact the Employment Office at least once every three months and if you do not contact it at least twice a year, you name will be removed from the unemployed job-seekers registry.

The Municipal Employment Offices are part of Regional Employment Offices while the last one is supervised by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare. If your rights as an unemployed job-seeker are not fulfilled and the municipal level does not provide you with the services you are entitled to, you might want to file an appeal towards the Regional Employment Office or the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare.


Related Entries

Powered By

Supported By