• Find it in the Law:
    Law on Family
  • Who is responsible:
    Spouses, Competent Court
  • Who can help me:
Tags: ,

You are thinking of marriage dissolution, or you already have done so, but you are worried about how that will leave you financially since you are not working or have no sources of income. The Family Law outlines many specifics with regard to the rights of spouses for an alimony settlement. It states that the spouse who doesn’t have enough money, who is unable to work or cannot be employed, has the right to get monthly financial support from the other spouse depending on how much he/she can provide. In court proceedings the court may refuse the request for such support made by a spouse that is deemed as manipulative or has abandoned the other spouse without any legitimate reasons. Alimony may be claimed especially if one parent takes care of a common child and for this reason finds it impossible to work. Both sides can agree to the terms of the alimony in court.


Related Entries

Powered By

Supported By